- We are Faith-Filled, Big-Thinking, Bet-The-Farm risk takers. We’ll never insult God with small thinking and safe living.
- We are all about the Capital C Church! The local church is the hope of the world and we know we can accomplish infinitely more together than apart.
- We give up things we love for things we love even more. It’s an honor to sacrifice for Christ and His Church.
- We wholeheartedly reject the label megachurch. We’re a micro-church with a mega-vision.
- We will do anything short of sin to reach people who don’t know Christ. To reach people no one is reaching, we have to do things no one is doing.
- We will lead the way with irrational generosity. We truly believe it is more blessed to give than to receive.
- We will laugh hard, loud, and often. Nothing is more fun than serving God with people you love.
- We always bring our best. Excellence honors God and inspires people.
- We are spiritual contributors not spiritual consumers. The Church does not exist for us. We are the Church and we exist for the World.
- We will honor Christ and His Church with integrity. If we live with integrity, nothing else matters. If we don’t live with integrity, nothing else matters.
And, though it’s not part of The Code, Craig says this often enough I think it counts: “We want to be known for what we’re for, not what we’re against.”
That’s The Code for LifeChurch.tv. I got to work for them for almost two years, and the best thing that may have ever happened to me is that most of these little phrases ended up stuck in my head permanently. They’re so sticky, so memorable, and they paint the picture of a future that is so compelling you just have to go there.
What vision are you pursuing? Where is your life headed? There are a lot of avenues your life could take. And as much as you may love or loathe LifeChurch.tv (I love them – for many reasons), I really don’t think an honest run at these 10 things is going to leave you empty.
So unapologetically, I’ve adopted The Code as a personal guide for what I want my life to be about.